Lightbulbs blowing a little too often

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a new house, and in the kitchen the lightbulbs are blowing on a regular occasion (one lightbulb every few weeks). The kitchen has 2 sets of spotlights (3 x 60 Watt bulbs on each). When I brought the place the electrics were checked over and deemed OK. I have replaced one of the light fittings, but the problem is still there.

Can anyone shed any 'light' onto what the problem might be.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
kitchen spots just don't seem to last as long as ordinary lightbulbs. You might find halogens last longer. it might be that your spot holders are not making a firm contact, especially as they heat up (spots can get very hot) and especially if they are screw-ins

I've got kitchen spots, and despite changing the fittings a couple of times, have had to get used to the idea that they don't last long. Of course, I also use a lot of compact fluorescents around the house, which last almost forever, in fittings that are switched on for many hours every day.

And, of course, if you've got 6 bulbs, you have to expect to have failures 6 times as often as in a room with only one.

You could try buying a set of lamps by a good-quality maker like Phillips and see if that makes any difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back