lighting circuit check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know if the following circuit looks sensible. Its for a shed/workshop and the aim is to have three lights operated by a single switch in a two-gang box. The other switch operates as power to an external light with PIR built in (not a floodlight though).

Many thanks,
Kev

Sponsored Links
Why grey to link the 2 sections of the switch?

Where will the choc-block be?

What size cable, and what rating MCB?

If the MCB is currently empty, this counts as a new circuit, and will therefore need Building Regulations approval. In any event it should be tested.

The grey cable linking between permanent live at switch should be brown or sleeved brown and I expect the choc block is to go in switch backbox.
Blues should be sleeved brown at the ends.
Cannot see where, will have another look though, but only saw neutrals.
Oh poo - you're right, I'm wrong.

What a t**t - I'll edit my post now to avoid confusing the OP...

:oops:

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

It is a new 1mm circuit and an electrician friend is going to check the circuits before wiring up the CU to the house for me and notifying building control. He's been advising but on hols for a bit. Mainly I wanted to check that I can use twin and earth and get the cables in the right place before doing internal sheathing.

Cheers
K

How the cables to be installed and routed? If they are to be installed within the fabric of the building, there will be requirements to by followed for the permitted safe zoning of cables and possibly RCD protection of the cable.

No - just lack of attention on my part.... :evil:

How the cables to be installed and routed? If they are to be installed within the fabric of the building, there will be requirements to by followed for the permitted safe zoning of cables and possibly RCD protection of the cable.
And the OP will have to consider how compatible it is with friendship to ask his friend to lie for him when he can't even see what he's done.

And the OP will have to consider how compatible it is with friendship to ask his friend to lie for him when he can't even see what he's done.
That could depend what is meant by cables in the right place? and whether this is surface mounted or within fabric of building, and if within fabric of building is to be left exposed for inspection?

I guess sheath=sleeve.

Sheathing is OSB screwed into place, so easy enough to remove if he wants a look or to make changes. We've already chatted about the structure and I want it done right so I'm not going to be fibbing to him about what's going where.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back