lighting switch cable seems to be melting

Yep, my bad :oops:

I was thinking of rubber gloves as butyl rubber - the black things - and not the manufacture's original composition for latex gloves. It's the behaviour of the finished article which counts and glove selection guides (e.g. HSE) consider anything described as latex to behave in a similar manner when used for materials handling.

All a complete waste of time if the user pulls them off with their teeth! and, yes, I've seen this done.

Sponsored Links
I suspect that if you are not dealing with the original raw chemical itself, on a day-to-day basis, that ordinary washing up gloves will be fine. Put some of the gunge on one and leave it for a bit - see what happens.

Or just wash your hands afterwards, and until then don't eat/drink/smoke/put your fingers in any body orifices.

I suspect that if you are not dealing with the original raw chemical itself, on a day-to-day basis, that ordinary washing up gloves will be fine. Put some of the gunge on one and leave it for a bit - see what happens. Or just wash your hands afterwards, and until then don't eat/drink/smoke/put your fingers in any body orifices.
I'm 'sure' that's all totally correct. For the person who has only very occasional contact, I would think that virtually any type of glove (or, as you say, no glove, and washing) would be perfectly adequate.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back