Lighting switch

I don't believe there is a "zone" around a sink so should be ok to stay.

Are you a qualified electrician?

Blup

Anyone qualified, certainly anyone who is NICEIC Certified, should not need to ask such very basic questions, nor should they be doing paid work claiming to be qualified. NICEIC Certification used to, probably still does, involved having a NICEIC inspector inspect regular samples of your work, paying a membership fee and having a thorough understanding of The Regs., to be able to do the job.

Sponsored Links
It's not as close as the socket or Consumer unit.
View attachment 255488

But all of that aside as others have already pointed out if there is no Bath or Shower in the room there are no zones.

probberly knowon and certainly not this person:

Welcome aboard google, we don't all bite.
Blue circle is tissue box and red one is for old socket no power in it will be removed tomorrow and I was wondering if I can install new light switches where is the old one as you can see in picture

Blue circle is tissue box and red one is for old socket no power in it will be removed tomorrow and I was wondering if I can install new light switches where is the old one as you can see in picture
My apologies, now I'm looking on a better device I see the tissue.

As said already no bath, no shower, no restricted zones. The position of the switch looks to be fine.

Being curious what whinny the poo wrote I did the only thing any interested person would do, I used google translate and surprise surprise it came up with exactly the same (almost perfect English) text that Bernard quoted.
If it had been proper Italian language the English translation should have been disjointed.

A couple of examples from German to English:
O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree,
How loyal are your leaves!
You not only green in summer time,
No even in winter when it snows.

Silent Night Holy Night
Everything is sleeping; lonely wakes
Only the faithful sacrosanct couple.
Gentle boy in curly hair,

Having sent Whinney the poo's message to an Italien, her comment: This is not text of an Italian speaking person, it is typical of translating the words from a dictionary.

The thing about google translate is, all it does is translate word for word, just like using a dictionary. It doesn't translate into a different language.

So no at the moment we don't know winston 1's Italian abilities, all we do know is he can translate English words into Italian words using a dictionary such as Google translate

Sponsored Links
all we do know is he can translate English words into Italian words using a dictionary such as Google translate

Reminds me of the "priceless jumping contacts" that were fitted in a ship's telephone exchange.

The equipment was made in Poland and the ship was Indian owned and crewed. The manual had been translated from Polish to an Asian language and that Asian version had then been translated into English.

The contact was a bounce free contact.

Moved to new thread 'Translations'

Last edited:
Well there are few idiots members in this forum like the one who mentioned that my English is very poor in grammar and spelling and I don't understand what's the grammar do with Electricians he might talk to cables or write something to fuse boxes to be installed by them Self anyway I meet lots of foreigners in trade even deafs !! And lots of fourm members are cleaver enough to read my post and understand what I was thinking about !! I thought being a member here is to talk and advice each other with respect and I'm sorry for being rude and sorry for bad grammar just because my English is my 3rd language .

Well there are few idiots members in this forum like the one who mentioned that my English is very poor in grammar and spelling and I don't understand what's the grammar do with Electricians he might talk to cables or write something to fuse boxes to be installed by them Self anyway I meet lots of foreigners in trade even deafs !! And lots of fourm members are cleaver enough to read my post and understand what I was thinking about !! I thought being a member here is to talk and advice each other with respect and I'm sorry for being rude and sorry for bad grammar just because my English is my 3rd language .
google, I have spent a fair bit of my working life (nearly all technical work) with colleagues from all over the world with varying levels of language difficulties. To me the most important thing is to get accurate information to the other person and to that I say ignore the spellings, grammar and so on. Just work around language difficulties to get the job is done; accurately and safely.

There are a lot of clever people on here and most of those will have a fairly similar attitude.

The language police prove to be the ignorant people.

google, I have spent a fair bit of my working life (nearly all technical work) with colleagues from all over the world with varying levels of language difficulties. To me the most important thing is to get accurate information to the other person and to that I say ignore the spellings, grammar and so on. Just work around language difficulties to get the job is done; accurately and safely.

There are a lot of clever people on here and most of those will have a fairly similar attitude.

The language police prove to be the ignorant people.
Thanks sunray you are a really star and this is my last post in here. Have great Christmas and happy new year

Thanks sunray you are a really star and this is my last post in here. Have great Christmas and happy new year
upload_2021-12-29_13-40-40.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back