lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can someone help me please?
i have a hoft conversion on my house and have now extended it, the conversion already has spot lights built into the ceiling, i am wanting to put lights in the extension part now. the problem i have is getting lights into the extended bit without having to rip out half the ceiling in the old bit. i have sockets in the extended part, so power is there. is ther anyway i can use the sockets to run lighting off, other than just plugging a light in, would appreciate some help
thank you :(

Sponsored Links
If the sockets are a ring..?

Add a fused connection unit with a 3 amp or 5amp fuse and run the output side to a light switch. From there to your lights.

thank you for your help,
do i then use normal lighting cable to the switch or socket cable to the switch and then lighting cable to the lights?

Same size cable as the ring (most likely 2.5 sq. mm) to the FCU, then 1.0 or 1.5 sq. mm from there to the switch & lights.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back