Lightsys Reset to defaults

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Moved in a new home. House has a Risco Lightsys alarm installed, but with no external bell and missing a couple of sensors. I have purchased these and have gone to fit them.

I'm wanting to set the alarm back to defaults. I looked up in the manual how to reset the "defaults". Setting the dip switches according to the attached picture. Restored the power, and waited, expecting to need to enter the default code of 1111.

This didn't happen, it started back up normally, all the previous setting still there. Am I missing something?

The 2nd dip looked a bit bashed around, so I took a meter to the connections.. when its in "on" defaults its pulled to 0v. When it's open there is about 3.3v on the bottom pin.

The previous owner is no longer around to ask.
There is no sign of who installed it, so I'm a bit stuck.

• Am I setting the dips incorrectly?
  • Is there another way to cause the reset?
  • There is a RS232 interface, is it possible to flash the unit back to default?

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,013
Sponsored Links
Dil switch will reset engineer code and user code back to default
You will need to go into programming mode to default the programming
Page 59 of manual

Hi, Thanks for the reply.. Even with the Dip switch in place the codes don't reset..
I am expecting that following restoring power it should go through the initial setup.. But this doesn't seem to happen, the codes don't reset..

Is it possible to reset it via the programming interface?

Basically, I cant enter the installers menu..

thanks

If it will not reset via correct procedure in the manual I would phone tech support 01616555500

Sponsored Links
They wont talk to the public. Said they don't repair..
Will just make sure I don't buy one of their alarms.. Very unhelpful.

Thanks for everyone's help here. (y)

DIY alarms - get diy support in general, all main stream manufacturers wont provide engineer level support to end users.

They wont talk to the public. Said they don't repair..
Will just make sure I don't buy one of their alarms.. Very unhelpful.

Thanks for everyone's help here. (y)
It's called security you know.

Good for them, a professional company. Same as we here will not give out some information that is requested, (or shouldn't) we have no idea who is asking the question.

Oh, you know what I mean.

Julian Assange, I'm a relative, didn't you know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back