Lightsys connections to Novagard 6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After some help with the connections from a lightsys to a Novaguad bell..

I assume that the lightsys is not a NovActive compatible system?
And that I will need to make the connections via standard wiring..

I set the DIP switches to set the box up as a SCB.
I made the connections as follows:

24y94r8.jpg

Which gives the following, mapping the diagram (above) to the nova connections and lightsys:

Diagram: Nova: Lightsys:
Bell Trigger S- - U01 NO
Strobe Trigger STR- - U02
Neg Tem Return TMPR - Bell Tmp
HO-/0v 0v - Common
HO+/ 12v +12v - Bell+

I connected wires from Com to U01C and U02, and added a resistor at the bell end on the bell TMP wire of the lightsys.

On the nova I connected TMPF to the 0v line.

Does this look correct?

I note in the manual it says Set+ needs to be connected for the "Setting Confirmation Sound". We have 2 keyfobs for setting the alarm, do I also need to connect this Set+?

I also have Elmdene INT500S, can this be connected at the same time?

Or am I way off with this?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
yes to the bell wiring, as for the int500s aswell not sure you have the power for both unless you use low current or scb mode on the bell but you would need to check that.

Thanks for the reply..

Do I not need to worry about the set+ for a confirmation of setting the alarm?

The int500s manual says:
"The INT500S is classified as an internal self powered sounder and has an on-board battery which is recharged via the external power source. This battery is used to operate the sounder if the external power to the sounder is removed." http://www.elmdene.co.uk/files/ins/int500s-00.pdf

If I run both as SCB it should be ok? (could even charge them up one at a time to avoid an initial load)

I would need to check the load of both systems in alarm, on low current or scb mode.

the problem is in scb mode you would loose some noticeable volume, so you may want to look at where you take power from.

Sponsored Links
if both have internal batteries could I run both as SAB? (or am i getting these confused?)

The INT500S when sounding pulls 220mA
The NovaGuard has a max of 464mA
The sensors have Quiescent current consumption of 5x 11mA (55mA)
Keypad 52mA

So 791mA, call it 800mA

The Lightsys can supply 1.5AmA Should I not be will with in range?

Thanks for all your help with this..

I believe the bell power on lightsys is 500mA, 1,5 is the total the panel can draw.

So best not to use the internal bell?

Or Can Power be drawn from else where?

The Dc feed next too the mains jack?

you need to work out where you can take power from based on your systems consumption.

auxiliary power is 800mA, the bel is 500mA, so you if you have spare on the bell circuit use that, if you have spare on the auxiliary use that.

Otherwise you are looking at additional power to be added.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back