Lightsys2 and Novagard 6 siern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm trying to wire a Risco Novagard 6 to a lightsy2 risco panel

I just want to check how it should be wired on the Novagard6 you have

0V (The negative supply to this terminal should be permanent as it is the – hold off for the SAB/SCB function.)
+12V (The supply to this terminal is normally taken from the bell+ of the control panel (depending on manufacturer) and provides the + hold off for the SAB/SCB function)
S- (Negative trigger for the sounder. If JP1 is set for SAB, power for the sounder is derived from the 12V and0V terminals. If JP1 is set for SCB, power for the sounder is derived from the onboard battery. When used in serial mode this terminals will be used as a data input)
TMPR (Negative tamper return to the control panel. When used in serial mode this terminal will be used as a data input)
STR- (Negative trigger for the strobe light Power for the strobe is derived from the 12V IN & 0V IN terminals)
TMPF In standard mode (non NovActive) this terminal must always be linked to 0V)

The lightsys shows wiring as in picture

//media.diynot.com/190000_189861_88510_87488529_thumb.jpg

24y94r8.jpg

The diagram mentions the 5 cables you'd expect on SAB now i'm just trying to map. Also the diagram shows other links across the board i.e link from com to NC02 etc

TMPR = negative temp return
STR- = strobe trigger
S- = bell trigger
+12 = H0+
0V = H0 -

On right i've show ports of Novagard and on right ports as Lightsys2 shows so if that mapping seem correct then let me know

In tamper loop i need a resistor should i just use the plastic block things for wiring bring put cable and resistor in 1st one then in 2nd one resistor and cable to box

Also links like from com to NC02 i just create with a wire

I know not many people deal with Lightsys2 but it's worth a try i'm sure someone can confirm if on right pat or not[/url]

Sponsored Links
That all looks correct to me! :cool:

You could put the tamper resistor in the bell - put one end in the bell terminal and use "the plastic block thing" to connect the other end to your tamper wire. It's probably best to twist the wire and the resistor leg together (making a "Y" shape) and stick the twisted section into one side of the choc block. This way, you'll have a good electrical connection, clamped by the screw in the choc block.

p.s. If it doesn't work, swap the 0V and Tamper connections in the bell. You need to do this when connecting the Novagard to other manufacturer's alarm panels - I'll check with my LightSys- installing buddy tomorrow...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back