Lightsys & ELMDENE INT500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Over the weekend we noticed the alarm didn't seem to be working. Turned out its working fine, but the internal sounder, (a Elmdene INT500) is not working..

If we arm the system it used to emit a squark, same on disarming..
Not it just emits a very small clicking noise..

I removed the cover, and the wiring is very simple.. There are just 2 wires connected to the alarm box:
INT500 Lightsys
+ Bat ----- Bell +
- Bat ----- LS -​

Under normal conditions, the Sounder seems to be held at 0v, 12v during the alarm..
After a bit of investigation, I connected it all back up and it seems to be working again.. But after about 30mins it went back to just clicking during arming.. Cover off again, this time i checked over some of the Caps on the board.

Long story but, if short one of the caps in the sounder, it works for about 30mins. After 30mins it goes back to just a faint click. Shorting it agian, and its back for 30min.. :(

So, my questions would be:
Is it wired correctly with just 2 wires?
Should I replace like for like? (fit the current holes) Or is there another internal sounder for the lightsys that people would recommend?

Thanks

:)

Sponsored Links
Its sounds like its wired to the speaker terminals so no its not wired correctly, That sounder needs to be connected the same way as your external bellbox, the speaker output is much lower than 12v and is AC so it wont work properly and has probably damaged the electronics to the sounder this is a common bodge, speaker outputs are meant for speakers only, not 12vdc sounders or anything else.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
It was installed by a local engineer, but he did admit a few times he was not used to the system. Spent a lot of time on the phone during its install.

I have ordered a replacement sounder, as assume this one might now be damaged.

In the manual it says “Ls” can be set to loud speaker or sab via a dip switch. I just looked at the dip, and it’s set to sab.
The output gives <13.8v 500mA max.

The sounder says it can operate at 10 - 14v at 220mA. So should this not be ok?

If the sounder is wired the same as the external bell, do I not loose the entry’s exit sounds?

Again that’s for the reply.

I removed the cover, and the wiring is very simple.. There are just 2 wires connected to the alarm box:
INT500 Lightsys
+ Bat ----- Bell +
- Bat ----- LS -​

:)

You've got the alarm panel trigger going to the battery terminals of int500? Thats wrong

Bell + should go to H+
LS - should go to m-

You then need a permanent negative from the panel to H- at the sounder.
The LS on the alarm panel set to sab sounds right

See how that goes

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.. Had 5mins tonight so just tried connecting it up, went with the following:

Bell+ to H+
COM to H-
LS to M-

it still didnt work, but I do think the current sounder might be broken. I will give it a try once the new one arrives..

One thing I did notice was that the control pannel started beeping about every 30 seconds..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back