Lightsys Outputs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I post here a few years ago about connecting a nova guard sounder to my alarm system. It’s been working well for years.
Believe it uses UO for activating the sounder.
(as follows)

Diagram: Nova: Lightsys:
Bell Trigger S- U01 NO
Strobe Trigger STR- U02
Neg Tem Return TMPR Bell Tmp
HO-/0v 0v Common
HO+/ 12v +12v Bell+

Today I was trying to adjust the time the external bell rings for, but seem I must have changed something.

The alarm works fine, sets, disarms etc.
However if the alarm is triggered the external bell won’t stop sounding! (Had to disconnect the power) the control panel things everything is fine and ready to set the system again.

I must have changed something in the UO settings.
Onlooking there is a UO1 “follow system” event for “bell”
But nothing to set the system back when disarmed. Should there be one? U02?

Any anyone point me In the right direction

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply..

The alarm is set as follows:
[
Capture.JPG

Well I had a look at an old thread this was setup two years ago with an INT sounder module too?

I would look at running the bell on its own if it isn't and checking the bell timers, although to be fair the bell timer is irrelevant ias you should be able to reset with your code if in alarm.

So to understand what the panel thinks is happening its time to see the event log.

Sponsored Links
Hi..
The logs are not much help... Its full of messages about DHCP and unable to see the internet. I cant get the IP module to reach the internet on a Draytek router.. Works fine if I go back to the old BT one..
As it only keeps 500 entries there is nothing we can use..

When the problem occurred, the alarm was triggered and the bell started to ring...
I disarmed the system, the internal bell stops, the display shows the zone that was triggered as you would expect..
The external bell does not stop.. :(

With it still rigging, you can the rearm the system, and disarm it... Its like it unaware of the bell still ringing..

There is an internal sounder.. Its been working fine..

INT500 Lightsys
+ Bat ----- Bell +
- Bat ----- LS -

sorry but the log may not help you, but it will tell me what the panel sees rather than what you see.

Unfortunately is sounds like the log is full of other events, the only way to reproduce this is to test it. (going to have to do this at some point anyway)

if you haven't changed anything then the issue is with the bell or bell wiring, but what your telling me is the bell is the external bell is active after being triggered and remains active and does not reset.

out of interest what is the output programmed to normally open or normally closed as if this was wrong it could cause a problem but that doesn't explain whats going on and I cant see why you would change it.

without seeing how the output works, ie at rest and being activated, its possible that the output doesn't change state until activated, and then if left in the wrong state, causes the bell to remain triggered.

also you should have it say latched so it, was the bell initially triggered for a very short period?

I will try recreate the issue at the weekend..
I don't remember changing anything.. But I must have caught something and saved it without realising..

Where can i check the normally closed or normally open setup?

"was the bell initially triggered for a very short period?" - Yes, window cleaner set it off, rang for about 30 - 50 seconds..

Happy to change anything :) its not working now so will try anything..

I would program change the normally closed to normally open and change to follow partition and bell trigger and latched.

Just an update on this. The weather at the weekend was not great so wasn’t up for any diagnosis of faults.

I have purchased a ProSound as this used a bus interface. Bit simpler to see what’s going on.

It’s installed, panel sees it as bus device, so the comms looks good.

Just need to install a battery.

I will try what you have suggested just need to get the system back first. Investment in a new SAB seems worth it..

Had 2 Alarm engineers in the past, relived me of money and still left issues..

Patience and Google :)

callout charges, :(

all willing to sell me a new system..

Just need an hour of good weather to get this battery in and can then test the new bell

Hi,
So installed the ProSound, all went well.. Only 1 issue.
The squark when arming is unbelievably loud!
Checked in the manual, it says the volume can be adjusted between 0 and 9
Menu 8 - 3 - 1 * 0 - 6

Except on my system 0 -6 is missing..

I thought firmware differences between the manual and my system, but thought the volume would be a basic setting..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back