Risco Lightsys dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. New here hoping for some enlightenment. Picked up a used Lightsys panel on eBay to upgrade the old system at home. I’m a fire alarm engineer and not an intruder engineer but confident of a satisfactory outcome.
Problems I’m having is with the cloud/app settings. I can’t register the panel as it’s showing it’s already registered to its previous owner. They have de registered it over 24hrs ago but not sure how long I need to wait for the Risco server to update?

Sponsored Links
Not sure what the process was that you went through.

Risco is the best people to contact. Not sure how they can assist as they currently sit in a situation where you can go direct to them as an end user for the cloud subscription they have introduced but they only deal with registered installers for support

Not sure you can deregister the system, as it would need to be approved by the previous owners. Pyronix have a system where its up to two weeks with no response after the deregistration is requested before the panel is released or the existing registered cloud account is de registered when they confirm it.

My advice is contact Risco Tech first thing and sales and see what the crack is...good luck and let us know how you get on.

Not sure I can help any further than that to be honest.

Thanks for that. It was actually the previous owner who I got it from so they deregistered it personally. Also removed from their installer account. It’s dead easy to setup an installer account but Risco totally ignore any correspondance from the end user.

Sponsored Links
No idea and an installer account since i started so no ideas how easy it is for an end user to set up an installer account although technically your not an end user, other than its your system....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back