RISCO Lightsys Panel Disabled by someone remotely?!

Alarm still functioned physically, but had stopped sending emailed status updates.... which was important to me for when im not there, I like to know if its been triggered while im away, for obvious reasons.

I can’t comment and don’t believe an end user can check, it may show online and by what method your connected if you log into the user portal for risco cloud.

It doesnt unfortunately.... but based on the event history in previous months spitting out a Device Fault error for the (LAN) Module.....it looks like it stopped doing that yesterday when I reset all the vonets wifi bridge and re-pointed it to the routers SSID etc.

Based on the event history error schedule, it looks to my eyes like it would report one of those errors every 3hrs or so... it hasnt done it for 12hours now, so one would assume it has connection to wifi based on this?

Sponsored Links
If it was turned off, would I still expect to see the ip adress for the wifi bridge in my routers attached devices page?

Some routers would show previously attached devices with previous ip addresses with current connection status, some dont show at all if not currently corrected.

Sponsored Links
I fear you may be correct again. It has dissapeared from the Router list now... but when I connect my phone to the Vonets Wifi Bridge and browse the internet with my then connected phone, the vonets mac address does turn back up in the list...and I can ping the Ip Address associated with that mac address just fine when my phone is connected to it. When I disconnect my phone from the vonets SSID, the vonets mac address does disappear from the router's attached devices...

Assuming by deduction then that that means the vonets is working just fine, but the issue lies either between vonets and the panel.... OR as you suggested the panel is simply not trying to connect to the internet, perhaps because the GSM is working fine and it isn't to try and connect via wifi?

Worth mentioned actually that there's still no errors.... though I wonder if, when I disconnected and reconnected the vonets on the 28th December...it somehow has told the panel to stop trying to connect via wifi. See attached below.... that was the last "LAN" error i got.

upload_2021-12-30_16-31-32.png

But how can i see if thats all working? Ive had a quick look in the DHCP table but couldnt see it.... but could that be because the site has been disabled? would it still attempt to connect to the internet in that case? or must the problem lie elsewhere?

Unless a connection is quite active and recent, it may not appear in the table of some routers. My Smart plugs drop of the table.

Yes, to sort of test that I tried connecting to the alarm via the iphone RISCO App and set the alarm, then unarmed remotely.

Thinking that that should sort of force it to appear in the router list...IF it was connecting via wifi that is ofcourse..... But no, it still didn't appear there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back