Lime Plastering quote - reasonable?

Always the sign of a stooge when he can't get takers to do the work. They KNOW it won't work and so won't put in a quote. ;)

Sponsored Links
I think we're all eagerly waiting to hear how a dpm under the floor will solve all the problems.

Over to you....

It won't solve all your problems, but if you think a bit of lime render will then I wonder which planet you think you are on. Ask your (self appointed) experts. I'm sure they'll give you a quote.

So you've still not explained at all how a dpm under the floor will make any difference at all to damp in the walls.

If anything fitting a Dpm under the floor would force any potential ground water under the building sidewsys and into the footings/walls even more, exacerbating the problem further.

I hope to god your not a professional plasterer or if you are I'll have £50 on you being the type flogging drill and inject damp proofing to pensioners.

Sponsored Links
Mel, although I can't help because I don't know what a good m2/£ would be, I think the french drain option is a good move. I would suggest lowering the outside perimeter level but it sounds as though perhaps you may have considered that already.

I'm also the owner of a stone house, and it has been rendered on the outside face with horrible cement mortar which does trap the moisture in and can erode the stonework over time. I think joe90 is quite wrong, although I don't think its his fault. There is far to much information around suggesting conventional tanking as the only option, and just like the asbestos scare, far to many people have been conned into believing lies about tanking.

I'll be likely having my basement walls lime plastered at some stage and I wouldn't expect to pay more than £30-50 a square meter. The reason tradesmen haven't got back to you is most likely because they have to do some work for their money. If they were selling a 5 grand tanking system I'm sure they'd be calling you up day and night about the job

Always the sign of a stooge when he can't get takers to do the work. They KNOW it won't work and so won't put in a quote. ;)

Calling the OP a stooge is just abuse. But I guess that is what Trolls are best at.

So you've still not explained at all how a dpm under the floor will make any difference at all to damp in the walls.

If anything fitting a Dpm under the floor would force any potential ground water under the building sidewsys and into the footings/walls even more, exacerbating the problem further.

I hope to god your not a professional plasterer or if you are I'll have £50 on you being the type flogging drill and inject damp proofing to pensioners.

You seem to be the expert. You should be giving answers, not asking questions.

Tackling damp issues ad-hock never works. That's why you can't get anyone to give you a quote. They know it won't work and that you are the type that will be chasing them in the courts. Can I ask what you do for a living?

Well it would appear I have more reasoning and technical backup to my approach (and the approach recommended by heritage experts rather than cowboys like your self trying to flog expensive unecessary work) hsve s look on sites like heritage house, spab etc if you need any more info (which it would appear you do)

I'm assuming you are indeed a plasterer by your avoidance to answering the question. Or if your so confident in your diagnisis and remedy please share your company name with us so everyone with a similar situation that stumbles across this thread can rush to you and book for more great advice with no sound technical explanation for their proposed solution.

Im thinking you won't be divulging that info, anyone else?

You go right ahead mate. When it doesn't work let me know. :mrgreen:

Tell me, what exactly do you expect this lime plaster do do?

And what do you do for a living? Is it a secret?

No great secret about my career but it doesnt really have any relevance to my questioning your baseless remedial suggestion.

Feel free to keep replying though as your pointless ramblings are amusing :)

I forgot to ask, exactly how many old properties have you actually cured of damp by putting a dpm under their floor? If you'd like to send me some details ill be more than happy to ring them for a recommendation.

Just noticed you have 27k posts, christ 27k posts of ****e and drivvel must have taken some effort, congratulations!

Thanks very much. Thanked over 800 times. What do you do for anyone? :rolleyes:

Well it would appear that in less than 10 posts I've illustrated that you're a ****** :)

I'm happy with that :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back