lime rendering -bit by bit or all at once?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Currently in the process of re pointing my entire gable end wall, after which I plan to lime render it. The question I have is can I render it in portions or does it really need to be all at once? Basically I have split the wall in to thirds for pointing it (bottom, middle, top) and to save on having to have scaffolding up for longer than required I want to render the wall as I finish each this.

Any advice on whether this is utterly wrong or nor would be much appreciated. I stand by for the inevitable 'get the professionals' in remarks but salt I have no money at the moment to do that!

Thanks all

n.

Sponsored Links
It's best done all at the same time, so to alleviate unsightly marks/bumps which really spoil the whole effect...pinenot :)

Ah yes of course however I should maybe have mentioned it is an old stone wall which will not be smooth when finished (it will follow the contours), therefore do you still think it needs to be done all in a oner?

Thanks for the response though!

Sponsored Links
If you think you can follow some well defined lines, it might be possible...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back