Limecrete Flooring with UFH in a basement - damp issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm buying a semi basement flat (early victorian/georgian).

One of the walls in the flat is a retaining wall, the other walls are above ground but don't have a DPC.

I think the flooring is laminate laid on top of a concrete slab.

I am almost positive the survey will come back with damp in the masonry walls and floor slab.

I'm buying the flat cheap enough to do damp proofing work and install a new floor through out.

I am thinking of installing limecrete floor with underfloor heating and exposed stone floor, so the slab and the floor can 'breath' moisture into well ventilated rooms, and reduce any rising damp in the masonry walls.

Then install a cavity wall and drain along the one retaining wall, to drain excess water away into a sump pump.

Does anyone have any views on this plan of action?

Has anyone installed a lime crete floor with ufh and breathable stone finish?

Any thoughts much appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
You will need insulation in the floor otherwise your underfloor heating will be trying the heat the earth's core.

You would normally be expected to install dpc under the insulation, which will negate the requirements of having a limecrete floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back