Limelight Restoration Plaster..........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP......... Please can someone tell me if limelight restoration plaster is applied in the same way as multi finish :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I may be wrong but I used limelight backing plaster many years ago after a chemical DPC we had injected into a wall and I think we used finish plaster on top of it. But I also think they do a finishing plaster as well Does it say on the bag wether it is "backing" or "Finish" plaster? If not have a look in the bag and see if it is coarse or fine.... One of the lads might be a bit more up on this than me ...... ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi alastairreid
We did a few renovation/preservation jobs that entailed
scratch coating the walls then when it was dry paint it over with syntapruth horizontally and when dry brush another coat vertically then blind it with sand and let it all dry out. And when it was dry brush off the excess sand and then put a coat of sand and cement on, then float it out and plaster it. Have you heard or ever used this method or has anybody else heard of this? Theoretically it creates a bitumen membrane between the scratch and float coats.

never done it that way before roy, sounds good though.

synthaprufe........another blast from the past, we used that to waterproof the solums.

along with the tar boiler watering can, and 3rd degree tar burns.. :confused:

sorry for the hi-jack op.

Hi alastairreid
We did a few renovation/preservation jobs that entailed
scratch coating the walls then when it was dry paint it over with syntapruth horizontally and when dry brush another coat vertically then blind it with sand and let it all dry out. And when it was dry brush off the excess sand and then put a coat of sand and cement on, then float it out and plaster it. Have you heard or ever used this method or has anybody else heard of this? Theoretically it creates a bitumen membrane between the scratch and float coats.

was this method used in conjunction with the dpc injection roy?
1m up in the treated area.

Quote...
was this method used in conjunction with the dpc injection roy?
1m up in the treated area.

Yes mucka, I don't remember which injection system we were using at the time as we were always being approached by "reps" trying to sell us their products I was working in Guernsey at the time and was doing a lot of renovation and preservative work...We also put Onecoat Plaster on top of the bitumen instead of Sand and cement...Seemed to work ok.... ;)

Like the others , haven't used t for years but there way limelite backing and finishing coats, look on the back for thickness and application info

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back