Limelite plaster issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Recently I have had my brick walls replastered (entire walls), with limelite renovation plaster and limelite high impact finishing plaster (due to damp problems). Before the plaster work I had all the old plaster taken out back to the brick work.
The "plasterer" left the walls extremely uneven and bumpy (with inches of differences between bottom and top) and I am looking for a way to make the walls more even (kitchen fitting) without taking off the plaster again. Is it possible to apply an extra layer (up to 30 mm) of limelite renovation plaster on top of the limelite high impact finishing plaster before finishing it off again with limelite high impact finishing plaster?
Any tips and advise highly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Get the plasterer back to sort his mess out !!!

As above the plasterer should "sort his mess out" - but once bitten etc. getting him(?) back might not be a good idea. Can you get any money back?

Pulling out 30mm might give all kinds of knock-on difficulties. You might have to bite the bullet and hack it all off.

Dont contemplate Dot & Dab on walls with damp issues.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your feedback - and yes, I will get the "plasterer" (or whatever he is) back to sort the mess out. Everybody deserves a 2nd chance :).
In the meantime I talked to the Manufacture of limelight and the answer is yes, In principle I can apply extra layers even on top of the finish.
The idea is to use SBR primer and then apply the 1st coat (somewhat 10 mm) of Limelite with 2.5 litres of SBR added plus reduced water ( take the SBR volume off the normal water addition). Then apply Limelite as per normal build up.
Hope the wall can be leveled - at least to some extend.

You'd do better to sort your damp issues and then use sharp sand and cement with a waterproofer added. Limelight is £20 per bag and sharp sand is about £1.20 a bag. How much has the job cost so far?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back