Limestone: suitable for high traffic kitchen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

We're currently in the process of renovating our kitchen, and really like some of the limestone tiles we've seen (for example, Moleanos Blue: http://www.thenaturaltilestudio.com/products.asp?Product_Id=Moleanos_blue_limestone_tiles.htm).

However, I'm a little concerned that limestone may be a) not hard-wearing, and may crack easily, and b) may stain easily. Our kitchen will be very high traffic, as it also acts as a corridor, linking the two halves of our flat.

I've done some googling on this topic, and I've seen some conflicting opinions, so I'd be interested in getting some impartial advice from the folks here.

Thanks.

Neil.

Sponsored Links
I have used limestone tiles in many kitchens and never had a problem nor have my customers, as long as the tiles are layed properly ie. there is a proper bed , and you seal the tile with 2/3 coats of sutable sealer then there is no issue, limestone tiles are very soft so be carefull when laying as they can break easily but once they are laid sealed and grouted they will last a very long time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back