limited head, Air down Vent Pipe Problem

OK OK, i get the picture...and Kev is right, i am the one in the firing line.javascript:emoticon(':oops:')

Anyway, i think i will try the suggestions of increasing the pipe size between the cold and hot tanks and possibly the vent also. I will post again to let you know how i get on.

Thanks for the help

Guy

Sponsored Links
OK OK, i get the picture...and Kev is right, i am the one in the firing line.javascript:emoticon(':oops:')

Anyway, i think i will try the suggestions of increasing the pipe size between the cold and hot tanks and possibly the vent also. I will post again to let you know how i get on.

Thanks for the help

Guy

Let us know if this sorts it I think it will. . . . .

Sponsored Links
Reporting back as promised.

I did intend to increase the pipe size to 35mm but the largest tank connectors i could get were 28mm. I thought that having 2.5m of 35mm pipe reduced to 28mm at both ends would probably lose much of the benefit of the 35mm pipe. So, i have re-piped the feed from the cold tank to the cylinder with 28mm and i have used 45 degree turns rather than 90's.

The result is a big improvement. Running the bath tap at max does still give occasional splutters but far far less than before. If i restrict the flow slightly the spluttering stops entirely.

The shower pump runs without drawing air, even if i also open a wash basin tap. I am still trying to find a way of getting a dedicated feed to the shower though just to be safe.

Thanks for the help everyone..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back