Limited heat from Ferroli combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

We have a roughly 10 year old Ferroli Optima combi boiler that seems to have developed a fault.

When the central heating is on the gauge on the boiler now only reaches around 60 deg C before it cuts out - this happens regardless of how high the 'water temp' dial is set. The radiators obviously aren't getting very hot as a consequence - although water from the tap seems as hot as usual. The boiler also seems to be a bit 'unsure' about when it should be firing up - sort of mis-firing and not actually lighting a few times before. You can hear the pump run and the ignition clicking and then it cuts out.

The pressure is ok and everything else seems in order.

Is this something that is easily remedied? I am happy to get someone to have a look at it - but would like to have an idea of what the problem might be. I am guessing the thermostat or something?

I'm afraid don't have the model number with me so hopefully that isn't too important. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
As it works normally on DHW then that rules out many possibilities.

I would start by checking the gas valve settings as you say it cleaks but does not always light up.

I would next check the DHW temperature control circuits.

You probably have two seperate faults!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back