line in grout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just finished tileing my bathroom , and i satrted to grout thr tiles. the problem is when the grout drys for 15 mins a line appares in the middle of the grout line and sometimes holes. i tried a number of way of appling it and wping the excess off.and i do make sure there is enough grout pushed into the joint.
can anyone tell me why the grout is doing this

Sponsored Links
What grout are you using? Please tell me it's not that grout in an aerosol, cause if it is, that's your problem.

gcol said:
What grout are you using? Please tell me it's not that grout in an aerosol, cause if it is, that's your problem.
no its just normal waterproof grout that you scrap on.

Sponsored Links
:D
Well there's your problem then. Always use a powdered grout that you have to mix with water. Go put that tub in the bin and get some proper tackle.

gcol said:
:D
Well there's your problem then. Always use a powdered grout that you have to mix with water. Go put that tub in the bin and get some proper tackle.
any make or a certain make

gcol said:
You'll be safe with BAL or Dunlop. As long as it's a powdered grout you'll be ok.
can you buy them at most diy stores or are they trade names
oh and thankyou for your time

You can get powdered grout anywhere - B&Q etc. Topps tiles do BAL products, plenty of small tiles outlets will sort you out with some decent grout, be it Dunlop or another brand.
I pay about £3 for a bag of Dunlop that's about 2.5 or 3kg from a builders merchants. You shouldn't need to pay more than about £6 from a tile shop though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back