Lining paper over wall paper.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a large hallway which is currently wall papered with I suspect lining paper underneath.

It's an old victorian house with the walls being a mixture of lathe and plaster, solid plaster, and some plaster board.

I forsee a lot of work and crumbling walls if i remove all the wallpaper and lining paper. I would then plan to put more lining paper up before painting.

My question is can I go straight ahead and put lining paper over the wall paper and the paint?

The current wallpaper seems sound and has a slight smooth pattern, I am unsure what type it is but it is also pourus.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
If you must retain the original wallpaper try giving the paper a coat of emulsion first, any areas likely to bubble/lift will show and can be dealt with using overlap adhesive..Once dry you could then line horizontally with at least 1200 grade paper..[/u]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back