lining paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How to lay lining paper, horizontal or vertical and what the difference is if any?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Horizontal is a must if you intend to wallpaper on top.. Not so important if just painting the lining-paper

Do I need to use lining paper before I lay wallpaper. Existing wall are old but painted and in good condition.

You should only need to line if the walls a mildly pockmarked,uneven or have patches left from flaked paint.. A lot depends on how thick the paper is..

Sponsored Links
if the wallpaper is no so thick rather thin should I use lining? The point is to get good finish. Let say walls are good but new wallpaper is thin than is better to use if is thick it might be just wallpaper. But if the walls are in bad condition rough and uneven surface is better to use lining?

Thicker wallpaper or maybe heavily-patterned thinner paper will hide minor wall imperfections,,, If youre not sure then try pasting a drop to the worst part of the wall to see if it covers nicely - if it doesnt then strip it and line ;)

as im going to start my room can sme one ive a detailed guide onhow to hang the lining paper including prep work !

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back