Lintel Calculating UDL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm planning to change a 900mm external door to a 1,200mm window. I was planning to remove the old lintel and padstones and fit a new cavity lintel and padstones. For a 1200mm opening in a cavity wall (brick/block) how do I calculate the UDL. I've seen years back that the load is a triangle section about the span, but what angle is this 45Degress etc. Then do I simply work out the weight of the brick & block, render and multiply by 9.81 to get the UDL? Is there a site with a calculator for this?

Thanks
David

Sponsored Links
Ok, hmm

External wall, is there a floor above the doorway or a roof, do joists run onto the wall in question? What is the floor or roof constructed off? what type of use is the building - offices, school, military storage, residential house?? Whats the span of the floor or roof over?

Answer the above or.. call IG or Catnic lintels technical department and they will be more than happy to size a lintel for you.. course they will prob ask simular questions :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back