Liquid damp proofing on walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my 1930's extension, the solid wall has an existing DPC but the concrete floor has no DPM. The concrete floor is below the DPC level so currently gets damp.

I intend to follow the liquid DPM/self-levelling 'stickys' on the Flooring thread, but wondering what to do with the section of wall below the DPC. I need to waterproof this somehow to ensure no damp gets through the wall.

At the moment was just planning to use some liquid DPM on the wall (which is Bath Stone) but wondering if anyone else had any opinions on what the best options would be? Planning to use this stuff - http://www.screwfix.com/p/cementone...p-proofer-waterproofer-dries-black-5ltr/36405

Photo below shows the situation - the existing DPC is on the red line, and planning to apply the liquid DPM below this line. Appreciate any thoughts.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back