Liquid DPM, underfloor heating and Self Levelling 18mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all – some advice welcome.

I have an existing kitchen floor – concrete slab, no DPM or insulation. I need to bring it up to a new level which is 18mm higher than its current level. Within that 18mm I would like to:

Install a Liquid DPM (as per instruction on forum)
Lay a foil to reflect heat
Fit an electric heating element
Finish for limestone tile

Given the DPM instruction I’m thinking that the most appropriate method would be to:

1. Clean/dry concrete slab
  2. Prime with watered down p131
  3. Self level with acrylic to depth of 8mm
  4. Apply 2 costs of DPM
  5. Prime again
  6. Lay foil
  7. Lay heating element
  8. Self Level, burying heating element to required level using a latex levelling compound
First - does this sound right?
If so - I’d welcome people’s thoughts and advice on which products that would be most suitable for both levelling compounds and heating element.

thanks
Phil

Sponsored Links
Hi Phil, bit out of date that info.
So you could
2- prime with water
3 - Ardex NA at 8mm
4 - one coat of Ardex dpm 1c
5 - prime neat with P51
So on

I think I have found a better approach:

Use KA Tanking Slurry on the existing concrete substrate
Key with an SBR bonding agent
When SBR bonding agent is tacky – use a rapid flex adhesive and lay 10mm warm-up boards
Over warm-up boards lay electric heating element
Then screed with latex to cover

I was told that the DPM might not be needed as the adhesive and warm-up boards are water proof

Thoughts anyone?

Sponsored Links
Just one note, I have used KA tanking slurry before with great success, a lot easier than messing around with epoxy resins etc.

Also- without a full load of insulation, ie 60-100mm, alot of your heat is going to be wasted in the slab

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back