Liquid Sander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got quite a bit of sanding to be done of window frames and a door frame and was wondering if there are any good liquid sanders out there?
Last year i pretty much sanded all the woodwork down in my house and ive had enough of the mess it involved so im keen to know about liquid sanders.
I have purchased a pot of pollyfilla liquid sander and applied it with a brush to a test area, left it for 30 mins then wiped it off and there was not difference. Was this because i was using a brush and should have used good old elbow grease?

I am planning on getting on with the sanding later this week so id appreciate any speedy responses.

Sponsored Links
There arent really any liquid sanders out there. If you dont want mess try using wet or dry sand paper. Simply dip the paper in a bucket of water, shake of excess and begin sanding, the wet surface absorbs any dust. It also results in a very smooth finish. You have to keep cleaning out the grain, a bit time consuming but will cut down on dust and mess considerably. Hope that helps.

Ben

You cannot expect to sand things down without any mess, but I've found that those sponge based flexible sanding blocks create less mess than traditional sandpaper. >Liquid sander sounds like a gimmick -can't see how it would be any less messy!

Sponsored Links
liquid sanders have their place but they are designed to provide a key rather than removing high spots or runs etc. They do need a fair degree of elbow grease and washing off.

Personally I prefer to stick with sandper and typically only use liquid sanders before the final coat when spraying to a very high finish (approx 1200 grade).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back