Live with small imperfections, or spend on a fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hypothetically speaking, if you'd completed an installation of something but it wasn't ideal, would you scratch it and spend the necessary cash to put it 100% right.

I suppose it depends on certain variables, mainly how much of a percentage the extra spend is in relation to the initial spend on the job. Let's say you were spending £16k, one element wasn't quite right (but was adequate), and a further £800 would re-do it so it is spot on. have you done that?

I'm interested in anecdotes that might make me feel better about possibly spending a chunk on putting a small (but noticeable on a daily basis) problem right!!

The contingency fund is running out..

Sponsored Links
Opportunity cost.

Its currently irritating.

If you spent £800 it would sort it out and it wouldnt be irritating anymore, but you will have spent the money and will not have got anything new for it.

Or you could buy yourself a new tv, or a new Dslr camera, or the wife jewelery......then you would have something new. Each time you then look at thevirritation you can think....Ive got a new tv, camera etc etc.

In an ancient cottage imperfections are "added character" In a new build imperfections are the snagging list.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back