Livingroom central heating piping, Should it be like this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I recently bought a repossessed house and there are a few DIY disaster issues. I knew this going in but this my first house and if I could get a few pointers about how to approach a few issues from some more experienced folks like yourselves I would be massively appreciative ;)

'Firstly' :/ Is the radiator piping coming from the radiators in the living, surely the pipes should be under the floorboards? Why are they like this? I have tried looking for some clips but I can't find any small enough. What should I do guys?

[/b]

Sponsored Links
Are the ground floors solid?

Looks like the heating has been run round the first floor, with drops to each radiator on the ground floor.

Just rip the whole lot out and start again, in the end it is a lot less heartache than trying to rectify other people's bodges.

You can't polish a turd but you can cover it in glitter.

Sponsored Links
i just wish some folks would ask permission b4 posting pics of my work
:oops:

clips

will be 10mm or 8mm dia clips , try an electrical trade counter , or B & poo
for nail on type

Cheers guys thanks for the input ;). Yeah, they previous owner was a bit if a cowboy. I may just bite the bullet and have it all redone. The pipework is pretty warped so I'm not sure if the plastic clips would hold the tension unless I could manage to straighten it out enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back