Lock replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, i'm an amatuer DIY man and need help with with my door locks.

Basicly my jacket was stolen in a club and my house keys were in it so as a result I need to change my locks, fortunantly its a flat so it's only the 1 door, i'm planning on doing it myself to keep the cost down so any advice you can give me would be fantastic, including cheapest places to get parts.

Here's the lock, hopefully the pic will show

Sponsored Links
If you live with someone and door can be left unlocked for awhile, remove lock and take to nearest locksmith/ironmongers and match up size like for like.
To remove you will need to undue roses on handle and lock catch, then unscrew the internal fixings, take out bars then remove the mechanism by unscrewing top and bottom and sliding lock out.

It looks to me like an escape lock with an internal thumbturn. Often used in flats where there is no other means of escape in a fire to prevent you locking yourself in.

Quite new so it probably has a Eurocylinder with thumbturn. which is all you need to change - the lock can stay. The new cylinder must be the same length.

If however it is a Wellington or something you will need a new lock, and may have to order it through a proper merchant or online

Show us the inside and outside views, and tell us the names and numbers on the fore-end, and the key

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back