Self locking upvc door handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, what i have on my back door is a self locking handle, whereas when the handle is pulled up, the door locks, the problem I have is my natural instinct when shutting a upvc door is to pull the handle up, locking the door and me out of the house. What I'm wondering is, can the self locking mechanism be disengaged, from the outside handle would be fantastic but if its to be both then it will be better than what I've got at the moment, if so, is it done from the handle or the actual locking mechanism?

Many thanks in advance
John

Sponsored Links
Unscrew the handles, Take them off and post a pic of whats behind.
Basically your gear box (should!) have 2 spindle holes, One for a lever/pad set up and one for a lever/lever set up. Assuming you have this you will just need a new set of handles and a spindle.

Check this guide for measuring the correct handles http://www.handlestore.com/blog/how-to-measure-upvc-door-handles/
Measure very carefully as there are about a hundred different sizes available and 1 or 2mm out wont fit.
Also make sure you measure to the other spindle hole (not the one your handle currently uses)

Brilliant that Gazman, thank you. I'll have a look at it when I get home later.

Thanks again
john

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back