Lockout, does this indicate a danger ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am no plumber or CH engineer, in fact I'm pretty clueless about CH. I had a vokera compact 24 combi boiler installed 20 months ago, all has been well until now. I just noticed the green flashing light turns to red. Not sure how long this has been happening cos the front of the panel is covered by a cupboard door though there is plenty of venting space top and bottom of the door. The dial with the Bar numbers, mine is always around the 1.5 mark.

If I switch off and reset the boiler the green light comes back but it seems to be randomly returning to red. I believe the term is lockout, does this mean gas has been turned off for safety sake or something more sinister.

Hope I've explained that ok, there is still 4 months left of the 2 yr warranty on it but I thought I'd ask here and hopefully understand a little more before calling the vokera people.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
could be failure to ignite due to a faulty part or something like the primary thermistor.. not dangerous that its locking out as the lockout is a safety device and working correctly just get someone in to check it

Nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back