Lockshield Valve Does it matter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some strange bizarre reason my spring clean comes at the end of the cold year!

I’m updating our TRV's on all the rad's, some are placed on the flow end and some on the return. The rad’s on the return TRV’s (Honeywell’s) are displaying the “hammering” issue. We’ve always had them at full so never had the issue until now as we are trying to save some pennies...

So while I’ve got the opportunity I’ll be moving and updating them all with new Honeywell trv’s and will be placing them all on the flow end.

However, I have a question with regards to the lockshield valves (see images). Not sure if the (H) or the (arrows) should face me if I were looking directly at it?

Hope that makes sense as I have had a look at the return flow on the Rad’s and some would be positioned with the H and others with the arrows...! Don't want to do all the work and then find out it was a waste of time due to the lockshield facing the wrong way.

Cheers,
Sparky

Sponsored Links
The RA ones are bi directional and the straights have an arrow which is the flow direction. but as they are only LS valves it should make no difference.
Its strange that people won't state where they live. :?:

the new valves are bi directional,you will be ok dont worry.You have the right idea dont be frightened just get on with it .make sure to add inhibitor to your system as well when you have finished checked there are no leaks and you are ready to leave the system alone for the next year :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back