Loft Bathroom/Ensuite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

This might be a bit wacky but I am trying to find space for an extra bathroom/en-suite in my house without ruining what we have. We did consider a bedroom loft-conversion with en-suite but its a fairly typical Victorian 3 bed semi double hipped roof. The roof height and double hip means, even with a dormer, the room size just wouldn't be that great to justify the cost. We don't desperately need a fourth room but do need a second bathroom. We have looked at putting an en-suite on the first floor but obviously you are going to loose a chunk of space from somewhere. An idea I am toying with is potentially toying with is having just a en-suite bathroom on the loft with staircase access from the bedroom. Their is space for a staircase in the room but just wondering if the idea is too wacky? I guess I could also use some of the area as closet/storage as well. Has anybody seen non-bedroom/office loft uses?

(Presumably, as it would be living accommodation, the regs would be less involved).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back