Lot conversion price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got any ideas for basing loft conversion quotes on?
I've been given some plans for doing one,existing is a 3bed detached with hip roof.
Dormer being built on side to take the new staircase and also on back for new windows.
It will be 1x bedroom with en-suite.
Customer supplying suite.
Specs specify 2 x steels in roof area to take new floor.
Any ideas guys?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm a bit confused, you're a tradesman asking on a DIY forum for a guide price to charge a client? Surely you need to price your materials, labour and profit and thats your quote done? Anything else and you're doing a disservice to yourself and the client.

Well you've got the specs there, work out how long you'll think it'll take, labour charges and subbies, tool hire, profit, scaffolding, skips, contingency, certs, mats cost, INSURANCE etc.

Often get 'customers' on here asking how much they should be paying for work, but not tradesman :rolleyes:

*Edit* Fred beat me to it.

I was just after a few ideas of what people were chargin,lofts are a whole new game to me.
.I've just finished a rbed house for someone and a few extensions on the go,but pricin up the loft got me scratchin my head a bit.I did wonder if people used a per sq/m price similar to extensions.

karlos, no one can possibly price your job up for you accuratley enough to enable you to submit quote. We can all take a stab at a £/m2 (but this can vary wildly dependant on location, access, quality of finish etc). You really need to sit down with the specification / BoQ and estimate your man days, price up your materials (don't forget wastage), plant hire, sub contractors quotes, professional fees, overheads, contingency and then profit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back