Loft Conversion, new consumer unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My loft is being converted, the electrican is looking to extend the upstairs ring into the loft, for 3 sockets. My CU is has a plastic case. Would the loft be cased as a new install and therefore require the CU upgrading?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
no not really, mine needed to be upgraded totally as it was a really old wylex one with wire cartridges.

no not really, mine needed to be upgraded totally as it was a really old wylex one with wire cartridges.
The reason for the change was probably because it lacked RCD protection, not because of the material used for the casing. Wire fuses are still a valid method of over current protection.

Sponsored Links
The reason for the change was probably because it lacked RCD protection, not because of the material used for the casing. Wire fuses are still a valid method of over current protection.

Guess you're right, however i still prefer the older CU which doesn't trip the whole bank of MCB'S when the rcd trips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back