Loft conversion Plans

M

marsaday

I am going to be converting my loft and only need Bld regs approval, so no planning dept involved.

How much should i pay for some plans? i have spoken to someone and been quoted £500 for bld reg plans. Another was £900.

All i want are plans to show where the stairs will come up, the various rooms layout and maybe some smart ideas.

i will be doing most of the work myself and will get a builder friend in as and when needed.

here is a pic View media item 694

Sponsored Links
Plan drawer lower end of your figures; architect higher end. Yer pays your money and takes yer choice. Alternatively, do it on a building notice and you can agree stuff with the BCO as you go along, without drawings.

You will need an SE to do the structural calculations for you; neither figure you give will include this work, so reckon on another £400ish plus VAT. Or find a number cruncher from a local SE's office who's willing to do it as a foreigner for about half that.

Don't use me though: apparently I'm cráp at my job and may even be an imposter, according to Joe-90 :LOL:

yes i am happy to go with working with the BCO as the project goes on. however i think i need someone who is a bit better at working out what to do with the space. i would like to get 2 rooms out of the space, not just a bedroom and ensuite. so for this i just need a basic technician.

SE is sorted i think.

I would be inclined to sketch a few ideas of your own and play about with the space, sketch to scale, your builder friend can he help? . I drew up my own basic floor plans for PPermission and got building notice for my garage conversion project.
Check your local council they MAY publish all Planning permission applications including drawings online, I found it very usefull looking at all other peoples plans, could be inspiring :LOL:

KS (I'm no pro - only DIY'er..)

Sponsored Links
found someone who will do the plans and tell me what i need to do basically. sounds good and is £400. miles better than the other person i spoke to who was £900. if it wasnt for this site i wouldn't have known how much i should be paying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back