Planning Permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have just had planning permission for two room extension approved by my local council. It didn't cross my mind to include loft conversion in the plans. I had no intention but now having seen a loft conversion in our street I want to convert the loft as well as.

Do I need permission for loft conversion if so can I submit the same plans with the addition of loft conversion.

Sponsored Links
Safest, simplest, easiest answer is give the planning office a call.

You have approval for what you applied for. You now need to get approval for changes....Dose not matter what they may be.

Ontario Plumber said:
Do I need permission for loft conversion if so can I submit the same plans with the addition of loft conversion.
In theory most loft conversion comes under building regulations providing the size or shape of the roof has not been altered. As previous post above best to give them a call.

Sponsored Links
If all you've got is planning permission for the 2 storey ext. u will need to do 2 more thigns:

1st - submit a minor ammendment to ur original planning approval asap, showing the location & size of rooflights. As long as your not putting in some form of dormer that's all you've got to do.

2nd - for any type of ext. +/or loft conversion ur also gona req. building regs approval. This means an application to your LA Building Control detp. detailing the construction of the 2 storey ext. & loft conversion payin particular attention to means of escape etc.

Hope it helps ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back