Loft Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I assume from the sticky that this section is just to let everyone know about our projects. I am undertaking a third floor loft conversion, I got planning and Building approval about 3 years ago, but as the project included a ground floor extension I have only just started the loft. I need some info about fire protection which is posted in the building section. The Building regulations also changed after I got permission but before I started so I have a query about if I can go with the latest regs i.e no requirement for an escape window. Not sure where to post that one.

Sponsored Links
a lot of people seem to be putting chicken wire down between the ceiling & insulation as fire protection.
I would imagine you would fall under the new Building Regs as well, so would need a fire escape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back