Loft Conversion Vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After the chimney disaster the project is back on track and I have another roofer coming tomorrow to sort the mess the last bunch of w**kers left.

Anyway I notice that in the loft there's a few spots of mould in some areas under the small cross gable section. I assume this is due to poor airflow in this area, so I was going to get the roofer to drop a couple of tile vents in either side.

Is there any rule or science in respect of where they should be placed in a roof space ?

TIA

Sponsored Links
You don't put vents in a loft conversion roof. It should be vented continuously from eaves to ridge.

yeah I know ..... what I'm saying is that the cold space ( eaves storage area ) already shows signs of mould before the conversion. So it seems that the airflow isn't currently erm flowing ?

Sponsored Links
I think you've misunderstood the question ...... the roof is already vented from the eaves to the ridge.

The mould is under this area which is open to the main loft space but maybe is a vacuum for air flow ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 84
I think you've misunderstood the question

I'm so sorry for misunderstanding "Is there any rule or science in respect of where they should be placed in a roof space ?". Whatever could I have been thinking of. :confused:

Try this

99a6015b6a230860c9b1517b238e5de9.png

Thanks once again for your most exquisite input ..... Not sure I've got enough ribs to continue using this forum

So your roof is a main ridge with a smaller ridge running of it at right angles with a gable end? The first point is, have you any soffit vents? (flat area under over hanging eaves), if not put some in each side of this protrubrence.
Frank

The ridge section is vented at the eaves ( Victorian house ) .... The cross gable section is only small but think it must be some kind of vacuum or something ?

One either side sounds like a plan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back