loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys
Looking for a bit of info !!
Think i may have made a BOOB,
The wifes been banging on about a loft conversion for sometime now,but the prices we were being quoted were outrages !! iam fairly handy around the house so i thought HEY surely i can tackle this myself !! anyway i have taken the peices of wood from the floor of the loft to the roof away with the intension of repositioning them vertically to give more room...however the roof has now started sagging in the way before i got a chance.....
whats the best plan of attack here ???

Sponsored Links
Hey Bob !!

So tell us, have you got a bet on with somebody as to how many answers you get when posting something ridiculous on a site ?

I take it this is not a belated April fool joke then?

Surely even an idiot would have put some wood in elsewhere BEFORE removing other stuff, no?

Sponsored Links
Oops
Who said you`re handy about the house. I bet the only thing handy needed soon will be your wallet.
Get a builder quick!

Hey Guys
Looking for a bit of info !!
Think i may have made a BOOB,
The wifes been banging on about a loft conversion for sometime now,but the prices we were being quoted were outrages !! iam fairly handy around the house so i thought HEY surely i can tackle this myself !! anyway i have taken the peices of wood from the floor of the loft to the roof away with the intension of repositioning them vertically to give more room...however the roof has now started sagging in the way before i got a chance.....
whats the best plan of attack here ???

Bloody hell mate, why not take all lintels out, as well as supporting wall that will sort it lol
mypic_1270745815.jpg

I take it this is not a belated April fool joke then?

Surely even an idiot would have put some wood in elsewhere BEFORE removing other stuff, no?
Hi
took the wood out on both sides just over half way along with the intension of repositioning the next morning,however by the following morning the sagging had appeared !!! hasnt got any worse in the last few days but iam now sure what to do ???
Do you think cutting back the peices of removed wood and jaming them in will push the roof back into place ????

Do you think cutting back the peices of removed wood and jaming them in will push the roof back into place ????

It will depend upon how they were connected prior to your vandalism and how you intend connecting them in the future.

You will also need to take up the sag as this will be unhealthy for the roof and deem your roof worthless.

Can we see a photo of the roof inside and out?

Let's hope they don't get a late snow fall in Alberta! Shortening the props to get them back won't releive the extra stress on the rafters. I'm thinking Acros to push the roof back up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back