Loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a bit of advice, just in the process of starting to have the loft converted. We are going to have a bedroom and en suite.

Currently we have an unvented system with the shower been supplied by separate pump. Because of the height of the cold water header tank it seems I will need a negative head pump to supply second shower in en suite.

Can I tap off hot water from new pump to supply taps also?

Will I need to increase cold water header tank?

Will I need to increase hot water tank?

Is there any issues in putting a radiator up there?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you mean you have a vented system as you say about a header tank a unvented hot water system has no header tank.
I would advise if you have the flow rate about 20 litres a minute and pressure about 2 bar to switch to an unvented hot water cylinder then you won't need a cold header tank in the loft.

If you have a header tank for the central heating I would advise switching
to a sealed system. You can then put a radiator where you like.

Your right that should have read "vented system"

Don't really want to go to the cost of changing the system around but will if I have to. Is not feasible to just add another pump (neg head)from existing hot water tank running shower and hot water taps?

Thanks for responding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back