LOFT HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We need to build a room in our loft, as we need the space, nothing fancy just a big room for the extra space. Iv recently seen an advert in the newspaper from a company who will convert my loft in to a room, prices are: £3950 Half and £5950 Full. The advert really caught my eye as i have been quoted £25-£30,000. I have called up and this is what the service includes: dbl glazed window, suspended floors, staircase, insulation, plastering, main light, 2 power points and an electric heater, however they will not touch the actual roof. I or anyone i know has no experiance in Loft work, so I really dont know if what im getting is a good price or if its illegal and i shouldnt do it.

Can anybody help??

Sponsored Links
Presumably you have been in your loft and checked out head height, bearing in mind that the floor is likely to be approx 100mm higher than the top of the joists. Bear in mind that you will head height for a decent span across the loft. Regarding your quote: well, I would tread carefully with anyone who quotes for job that they haven't seen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back