Loft Insulation and Boarding. Ventilation Question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry
This may be hidden somewhere.... but I cant find the answer!!

I am going to replace my loft insulation and board loft.
Its a traditional trussles style loft so in theory 3 parts.... The centre one I will board. The joists are 100mm deep so I plan to insulate outer parts with 100mm roll in direction of joists then 90degrees with 170mm. In the centre part I will 100mm in joist direction then 90degrees with 2"x2" at width of loft boards. Oh yeah the question...

Should I then go with 50mm roll and place 18mm boards over or leave a 50mm ventilation gap and just board??? Joists are 560mm apart. The 2" batten I guess will help spread load of boxes, suitcases and other junk!

Really appreciate the help.

Get them bills down!

Sponsored Links
You will notice no benefit at all by leaving a ventilation gap so I would just lay the boards direct on the 2 X 2 with the 50mm insulation infill.

Thank You DazB
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get stale air or a family of mice moved in!!!!
Excellent, well theres sunday from Shed to Loft...... You gotta love Wickes!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back