Loft insulation foil blankets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need to insulate my loft. I want to use the blanket foil type .i have done some costing and it can go from £8 per meter to £19 per meter. How many layers are required 17 layers costs £8 with a 20%discount but the 33layers is £19 the gable end is wood with slate cladding I need to install battens there to create a air gap for the foil to work but that is no problem and either insulated gyroco will be installed depending on how well the foil works.
There is also a large chimney stack in the middle of the loft which must give off quite a bit of heat so this must add to the temperature. It must have been quite warm as there is quite a few washing lines still up

Watching their video it finishes off at the eaves with marine plywood saying that there is no drafts how does this work for condensation . We hope to use the loft as a study work shop and have a window and a fixed staircase already installed.
There has been new glass fiber installed on the floor which is on top of the floor we will reuse this somewhere in the barn just not in the house .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back