Loft Insulation in Terrace House that's already boarded out!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Moved into a mid-terraced house, had some recent roofing works done. Roofer checked under the tiles and confirmed that there is NO insulation between the roof tiles and the plasterboard.

This doesn't surprise me as it's boiling in that room in the summer and FREEZING in winter.

What do I do to rectify the situation? Replace the plasterboard with better insulated thicker plasterboard?

or

Have all the plasterboard pulled down, insulate between the joists and get a plasterer in to re-board the loft out?

Any advice / opinions would be appreciated

K

Sponsored Links
mystorey said:
What do I do to rectify the situation?
I have Velux windows with the night vent or open on lock position for the summer and in the winter, ideally 50mm insulation behind the plasterboard so that's not possible, I have done one by using 2"x1" flat onto the roof rafters with screws and put in the 25mm white polythene insulation sheets available from Wickes in between the 2"x1" then plasterboards over it.

I like the second option, as I'm not the one who would have to do it.

That was my thought too!

V. tempted to get someone in to do the whole lot as the thought of pulling down the plasterboard and the potential roof / electrical disasters which may be uncovered in the process don't appeal!

:cry:

Sponsored Links
No need to rip it out if you don't mind the room slightly smaller

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back