Loft Internal Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My internal walls (mid terrace) in the loft are not in the best shape.

I have chiselled out and replaced the most damaged bricks, but it still looks pretty shabby. I also painted over it all with a PVA/water solution.

In view of selling the place in the future, I want to make the loft more presentable.

I have the middle bit boarded out for storage.

So with the walls, my options are...

A. scrape out and replace the mortar. Will take ages I'm sure but will look more tidy. However, the new bricks look out of place and it will have a patched up look to it.

B. Install drywall plasterboard over the walls.

C. Render the walls.

My worries are to do with damp/ventilation.

Also, the one remaining chimeny stack is letting in a little water. i intend to get this fixed but if there are slight leaks, will this influence my choice of A,B or C.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Repair chimney first, then if the walls a suitable to take dot'n'dab you can board that way or you could batten out and board.

You'll need a large loft hatch to get boards up there.

Sponsored Links
Hi, loft is already boarded out and has a decent sized hatch and ladder installed.

A few people have said that render is easiest, but others say dry wall is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back