Country
United Kingdom
does anybody recommend these loft ladders and are they easy to fit:rolleyes:

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 3,776
Sponsored Links
I fitted one of those, to a previous house I owned.
It's fine if you only use it for occasional use, such as storing some stuff in the attic.
If it's for daily use I would get something more substantial, with a handrail.

Sponsored Links
"easy to fit" - I would say they are DIY doable but its not just the fitting of the ladder but where its located in the loft, and if you understand the construction of loft framing esp. the trimming of the rough opening?

The photo shows what looks like an easy enough to fix ladder.

I looked into this. The main "difficult" bit is either cutting the hole in the right place or enlarging the current hatch to fit the new one. The issue is making the joists good. This is something I'm wary of so going to leave it to a local chippy.

The second bit is fitting the hatch itself - supposed to be a two man job as you need someone to support it from underneath whilst you fix it in place.

Look for the fitting instructions available online.

so maybe not so straight forward:unsure: i was hoping i could buy one to fit.. i will look into it some more... cheers(y)

Do you have a loft hatch, if so check where the joists are the ladder needs to clear them when the hatch is closed
Found loft ladders useful for getting into roof space for storage, but then again a good step ladder does a similar job so long as its stable !!

yes i do have a loft hatch, would like a loft ladder for space and convenience really.. will have to get someone in to look at it .. . cheers:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back