Loft partition and Foam Filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

just been looking at a semi with my mate, he wants to buy it, but we been up in the loft and noticed that the dividing wall doesnt quite meet the roofline.... (next door must have loft lights in thier loft) as we can see them (or the light coming through).

Anyway, He was thinking he could just fill the the gap with that Foam filler stuff.... will this be ok?

How much pressure does this stuff create as it expands? Its a Felted roof, tiled.

My concern is maybe it could cause movement to the tiles? Or am i thinking this stuff is stronger that it actually is?

Sponsored Links
It will take the path of least resistance, so will just expand back out the way it came once it hits the felt. What's the point in this anyway? You might as well leave it as it is.

He might want to install bright lights to grown stuff up there and doesn't want the neighbours to see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back