loft room insulation

ru

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing some work in my loft rooms. Improving the insulation and creating more eaves storage spaces. I want to have lots of storage, but don't want to compromise the insulation in the rooms. I'm insulating the ceilings and dwarf walls, but will loads of doors create breaks in the insulation? I've considered insulating within the eaves spaces, but presumably I need to leave air flow at the eaves. Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this problem? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You need your insulation to run down the pitch rather than at ceiling level where it probably is now, so you'll need something like 100mm of a rigid insulation like Kingspan or Celotex and a continuous layer beneath the rafters. That'll keep your loft and the void toasty too. :p

Bit like this

Thanks for that. Looks like the ventilation to the rafters is maintained, but the eaves space becomes air tight?

Looks good. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back